May 12, 2015

Where art thou free time?

Hey everyone!

I know it's been ages, and I do apologize. I know, December was months and months ago, but I have been busy with all sorts of appointments due to that time of year. Between the gifting of little fuzzies - both young and old - and the nice weather incoming, my appointments are buzzing off the hook.

But never fear, I will always make sure to make time for everyone. So please do pick up the phone or send me an e-mail!


I did have sad story from a bit back. I was trying to work with a jealous rescue. The family was trying all they could and waited to get in touch with me. I had the time, and was trying to work out when was best to see them.
Their new rescue wanted all the attention, and when their other dog would get any, he would lash out at her.
Being myself, I tried to schedule with them, and they took my advice in passing, telling me they'd try and e-mail me once they had a better time to work with everyone. After a month I took initiative and messaged back to see if everything was ok. Perhaps they hadn't contacted me because my simple advice was all that was needed.
Unfortunately, they returned their new rescue to the Humane Society rather than seeking the necessary help and putting in the needed time.

This breaks my heart. Every rescue comes with a story, whether they're young or old. Every dog deserves a happy home, just as every person does too. If you aren't willing to work with a new pack member to get there, you really need to think about the commitment you're volunteering to any pup you're bringing into your life.

Their past and present aren't their fault or doing; their future is your responsibility. Remember that before you rush out to get a four legged friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment